Welcome to Febchem
Pitched Blade Turbine
An autoclave is a device used to sterilize equipment and supplies by subjecting them to high pressure saturated steam at 121 °C for around 15–20 minutes depending on the size of the load and the contents.
Special Features :
1. Pitched-blade turbines are used on top-entering agitator shafts when a high axial circulation rate is desired.
2. A pitched blade turbine consists of a hub on which an even number of blades are mounted at an angle of 10 to 90 degree with respect to the plane of rotation.
3. The most commonly used impeller of this type is the four-bladed 45 degree pitched-blade turbine.
4. The pitched-blade turbine is generally used for impeller diameters ranging from 450 mm to 3 m with connected power of up to 500 hp. It is used primarily in flow control applications.
5. The pitched-blade turbine impeller is generally fabricated. The blades may be welded directly onto the impeller shaft or are bolted to the shaft hub.
6. The pitched blade turbine is available in up-pumping and down-pump configuration depending on the application